Saturday, October 24, 2009

Deadliest Catch: Cuttermen Style

I have to admit I've been lucky in some of the people that have set foot on the ships that I've been stationed on. I've sailed with Secret Service, Congressmen, Senators, Former Presidents, and now... Deadliest Catch Videographers.

Unlike the other personnel I've had around, the Video guys follow us around and try to stage different things for us to do. They have realized that as Ops I'm a good person to follow, and man are they sneaky! I just want to do my job in peace, but since we are in Public service so long as I'm in uniform they can film it, and I can't convince XO to let me do my job in Gym Gear....

I'm happy that they are planning to tell the Cutter Side of the story, as the Pilots have had plenty of well-deserved press coverage. Now there is one thing that still surprises me about "visitors" on ships: they never take the seasick pills before they get on board. We have some great footage of our guys holding the camera and the professional chumming the waters of the Bering Sea. Like true college binge drinkers though they have managed to puke and rally. I'm hoping that the Red King Crab season onboard Cutter MUNRO doesn't end up on the cutting room floor.

1 comment:

bigmama said...

Looks like I have to add "The Deadliest Catch" to my DVR taping!