Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sounds of Fall

In my evening strolls with Tok, we take a path around Baxter Bog. This trail is maintained by the Municipality of Anchorage and it is frequented by runners, bikers, and dog walkers alike. A month ago, Tok and I ran into moose almost each eve. I loved the views of the nearby mountains and the oranges and yellows as leaves changed. A week ago, winds picked up, and now that trail is covered in those leaves. As I walk, I cannot help but kick my feet every so often; thus, shuffling leaves around and making that unmistakable sound of fall: swish, swish, swish…now if it would only snow so I can make that other seasonal sound: crunch, crunch, crunch.

1 comment:

Becca and Jason said...

No need to rush the snow...
But the mental picture of you kicking your feet in the leaves made me smile. :) I wish we had those kinds of leaves here!