Thursday, September 4, 2008

Afternoon Hike at Fort Abercrombie


Tok and I took a small hike along the wildflower trail at Fort Abercrombie. Although the wildflowers have peaked and the fireweed reigns supreme, this was a chance to enjoy the sunshine and get Tok used to his new collar. For training purposes, we have switched to a pinch collar. When used appropriately, it lays on his puppy scruff, and when he pulls away from me or does not adhere to a command, a quick and slight pop reminds him who is the dominant in our relationship. He is doing exceptionally well and does not seem to mind the collar. When he sees me switching out his everyday, red collar, for this one, he does get excited b/c it means we are going out. "Yay! New stuff to smell!"

Here are some views from the high level perches along the trail. The last of the fireweed indicating summer's end.
Since he did so well on our hike, I began picking some of the delicious salmon berries and feeding him "treats" when he obeyed commands. It was a nice change from cheerios, I am sure.


All gone!

6 comments:

Flo said...

OMG He is getting so handsome, what a great pup he is!!

C Anderson said...

I love how- in the second pic- his eyes are rolling back into his head like Remy eating cheese in Ratatouille (giggle).

Mary said...

Wow, he grows faster than my little weeds! He's so super-cute.

Mom said...

He is adorable! HT, SS, Ruff:)

Tidden Tales said...

He looks like he really enjoyed his time on his nature walk :) What a good mom you are!

Jennifer and Suketu said...

I love those ears.