Monday, May 4, 2009

Prom: Take 3

You have all met Bruna, our Brazilian exchange student. Like her Kodiak counter part, Angie, Bruna has made her space in my heart. When a senior asked her to the Kodiak High School prom, she asked to raid my closet and borrow a dress. The fashion show commenced, and she decided on my purple gown that I wore to my first USCGA formal in December 2000.

On the day of the prom, Bruna texted me and asked me to come take pictures of and with her at her date’s house. Camera bag in tow, I greeted Zach’s parents and waited with them. The happy couple arrived, and smiles were forced in the cold breeze on the front porch. Ever the Latin, Bruna hugged me, told me she loved me, and thanked me for the dress, the pictures, the love, the everything. I admit it was weird to see her in my dress, but we had fun taking the “prom pose” pictures. Don't you love the way she is looking at him? Did I mention she returns to Brazil in a month?

Corny as ever, we did the prom pose.

No comments: