Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Crossing Rivers

I was so excited to cross two major rivers out west: Mississippi and Missouri Rivers. I watched the map, waiting for the hill crest that would indicated a downward slope toward a riparian area. For each, I readied my camera, looking out for the tourist pulloff to pose and take a picture with the Flamingo. Sadly, neither had pull off points. The road simply turned into a bridge and crossed major water systems.

The Missouri River system did provide me with some awesome shots of US Army amphibious training. We saw many other convoys as we rolled through South Dakota. Some guard units were training within Custer State Park. Brad was haunted by the camoflauged trucks as we turned corners, pulled off on outlooks, and stopped to take in wildlife in their natural settings.




No comments: