Sunday, June 15, 2008

Incoherent ramblings of the Crazed Chauffeur (2)

Well we have now hit enough mileage to put a fresh oil change on the mighty Dodge. Everyone seemed to enjoy my last post, but here are some more things that I think about while acting in my official capacity...

1. Wyoming: It doesn’t make a lot of sense to have a 75mph speed limit when you put your highway directly up and into a mountain range... Here is a thought, if the uphill climb is substantial enough that on the way down you have a “runaway” lane why not put the highway somewhere else? I’m not driving it for scenery, I’m on it for time.... Way too much down shifting involved, not too mention vehicles who couldn’t go 75mph.

2. Montana: Great roads, great surface, great scenery, POOR PLACEMENT.... signs telling me that a “Chain Up” zone is approaching tells me you know you chose poorly at least 3months out of the year. Not every road has to look like a recruiting poster for why your state is the best.

3. Idaho: Pick a speed limit already... You have signs that change how fast I’m supposed to go on the curve, and then change it back a quarter of the way into the curve... Pls make up your mind and pick a safe speed already

4. Custer State Park: You roads are roughly the width of a toothpick, and there are no places for turn offs when you are stuck behind slower traffic. Two VW bugs couldn’t pass on these roads, but you want me to pass a winnebago at speed??? This just doesn’t make sense.

5. Yellowstone National Park: Great job clearing snow, except for within your camp grounds. Also... it may be time to look at some pothole maintenance, there were a couple that looked to be the size of Rhode Island... It almost swallowed a Mini.

No comments: