Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fishing in the Buskin River

Two friends, Roger and Margo, invited me to join them for fishing. Both Margo and I are without gear and fishing licenses; so, we opted to watch The Master. Or, at least, that is what he called himself…

It was a picturesque evening, save the drills by the plastic fantastic (see top right corner).

Here’s Roger with his biggest catch of the night: shells and seaweed.
I had to rescue his line a couple of times. Clad in my waterproof boots, I braved the Buskin River to until I stepped too far and filled my boots with very cold, very fresh water. The town of Kodiak acts as the backdrop to the mouth of the Buskin River.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Ok, sitting on the side lines, and you get water in your boots? Just helping.
Christina,
Note from cousin Sharron, don't help! Per the Game Warden:)
Sharron,
Note from Mom, Christina does not sit on side lines. She embraces everything! HT,SS, Ruff:)

Unknown said...

So what is your email address, the one I have for you does not seem to work anymore? Tommy Register
tregister@sepiengineering.com